POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : *** SURVEY *** : Re: *** SURVEY *** Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:22:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: *** SURVEY ***
From: Marc Schimmler
Date: 7 Dec 1999 02:39:26
Message: <384CB9AE.A5F2F0F9@ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
Ken asked:

> 1.) Do you think this a useful resource in it's present form ?

No. Why not? It's very time consuming to click through the textures.
It's difficult to find the one you are looking for.

> 2.) Do you think it would be a better resource if more people contributed
>     to it and the textures were updated to work correctly with the latest
>     versions of POV-Ray ?

Together with a remaking of the webpage design it surely can. The
textures must be updated to be interesting! I would also recommend to
automate the creation of the webpages. A good example for this is the
IRTC submission. Perl scripts ...

> 3.) If this became a active resource for POV-Ray textures would you help
>     contribute to it ?

Sure.

> 4.) Would you use the textures from this site in your scenes ?

Hard to say. I really like to create my own but to cut off time for an
IRTC submission it is really useful and I might use it like I do with
your kolors.inc. Burning an updated version on the IRTC CD-Rom might
also be a good idea.

> 5.) Should we just get rid of it because it serves no purpose, it's a dumb
>     idea, who cares anyway ?

No.

Marc

--